The War Memorial Hall, situated in the High Street between Bovingdon Primary Academy and the Bowls Club, was built by significant donations from local people and public subscription to commemorate the fallen of the Great War. It was opened in 1921, cost £3,000 to construct, and immediately become the centre of village life.
Today the Memorial Hall has become the centre of a wide variety of regular village activities, including a pre-school, dance and theatre groups, exercise classes, rainbows, local clubs and dog training to name a few. Horticultural shows, village market (selling homemade produce) and private functions all make full use of its many facilities.
Bovingdon Parish Council runs the hall via the Hall Management Committee and has spent £110k on refurbishing the building.
There are two letting rooms. The Main Hall can accommodate 130 people seated and the Clubroom 30 seated.